[DECtalk] Too high-pitched notes, and DecTalk sounds distorted

evvivajaws at libero.it evvivajaws at libero.it
Thu Aug 7 04:16:32 EDT 2008

Hi, so, if I can understand it right, if I have a 26, to make it go one octave lower, it could be 14, isn't it?
I suppose it's the same mathematic operation with herz, that I use with Loquendo voice. With the difference that, if dt is 13 for the center c note, Loquendo is 130.
So, to have the octave higher it would be 260. The double.
Unfortunately I do not have music sheets with me, to find the melody notes, I just use Quick Windows Sequencer, to find the melody out.
I just turn the stereo on with the cd or recording of the original song, turn the virtual keyboard on, on my Windows sequencer, then start to listen, play and try to follow. Once I find the right note, just one, I stop the stereo and try to play it going back. Or forward, with the notes succession
and then, if I can, I start working. With loquendo if it's italian, with dt if it's international song.
Thanks for the considerations about my English, it's about 15 years I know the language(I am 28) and of course Internet forces me to communicate in English almost all the time! I found many interesting resources for blind people's integration abroad(from computers to hobbies) so if I want to get informations and to interact, I must communicate! And, the trouble is that I have the sensation I am the only Italian who can make DecTalk sing, I know no one else here who can do it
bye