[DECtalk] Too high-pitched notes, and DecTalk sounds distorted

Alex Hall mehgcap at gwi.net
Wed Aug 6 16:33:31 EDT 2008

You could always drop it a key or two, or just subtract 12 from
the numbers you are using.  This would make it an octave lower
than the song, but it would not squeal or give you bursts of
static, as I think you are getting with the high notes.  What I
mean by dropping it a key or so is subtracting the same number
from all the note numbers.  If you wanted to drop the sequence
24, 27, 29, 26, 24 from b (where it is now) to, say g, just
subtract 4 from all those numbers and get 20, 23, 25, 22, 20.
Dropping the sequence 1 octave is, as I said, just subtracting 12
from all the numbers.  I know this does not give you the pitch
you want, but you can get the song working like you want it and
then play with the numbers, being careful to add or subtract the
same thing to all of them, until you find the highest pitch dt
will go.  Sorry I could not be of more help, and let me know if
that did not make sense.  By the way, your English is extremely
good, much better than my Spanish, and I took five and a half
years of consecutive Spanishcourses.

Have a great day,
Alex

distorted

>Hi,
>I'd like to ask a question to DecTalk experienced users.
>how to manage high-pitched notes?
>Well, I tried to build the song "moonlight shadow", by Mike
Oldfield,
>one of my favourite songs but the voice pitch was very very high
and
>not nice to hear; notes are, if I can remember well, over the 26
>number! Or at least 24! The herz code to associate to the
phoneme,
>for producing the note, I mean.
>I heard many songs on the archive that I suppose are much more
>difficult than Moonlight shadow.  That song "i swear" by Snoopi
Boten