[DECtalk] dectalk usb

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Sat Sep 22 18:55:00 EDT 2007

Hi,

     Unfortunately, the DECtalk USB uses much more modern hardware than the
Express. I think the Express uses a 386 processor, whereas the USB I'm
pretty sure uses some processor running at 100 MHZ or so. So I'm afraid the
two firmware versions would be totally incompatible with each other, even if
you could figure out a way to successfully upload it which you most likely
couldn't.
     I've never personally used the DECtalk USB, so don't know what it
sounds like now.