[DECtalk] A STUPID QUESTION

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue May 22 02:53:20 EDT 2007

Hi all,

As I've said several times on this list, I'm willing to host the
DEC-Talk archive.  It won't be the same as it used to be, but I have
the disk space and a reliable server.  There would be fairly strict
bandwidth limitations in place but I could host it.  There would be
no adult material at all and copyrighted material like Red Dwarf
would have to go but all original, non-adult compositions are
welcome.  It would only be available on the web and possibly via
rsync(1) but not ftp.  For some reason the router doesn't like ftp
and I gave up trying to fix it.

Another option is to purchase a hosting account.  Now it's possible
to get lots of disk space and fairly relaxed bandwidth restrictions
if you shop around.  Of course that means money would be
involved.  http://www.dreamhost.com/ seems to be very good but I
haven't used them.

Jayson or Matthew, contact me off list if you want me to take over
hosting.  I'll do what the list wants, frankly it's easier for me not
to manage the archive but I don't want to see it die either.