[DECtalk] IT'S FINALLY UP TO STAY

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Sat May 5 14:04:55 EDT 2007

Ok, great!  The rules are simple; no bad  language, and no sex.  I'm
expecting all ages of callers, so I want to keep  everything clean.

And I screwed up.  I put Blake at 3300 rather  than 3310.  SO I need to ask
Blake if I can move him.  It looks like  3300 needs to be a Bluegrass menu so
anyone from Bluegrass can easily hop on my  system.

I need to know what you want for a password.  I  think I'm going to give each
person room for 10 boxed.  So box 3320 would  be your main menu.  So you
would simply tell what 3321 was, 3322 was, and  so on.  You have room for 10
boxes, but you can only use one or two, or  whatever you want.  And if you want
more than 10 boxes, just  ask.

All boxes will be linked back to your main menu unless  other wise requested.
 The only thing I won't do is link a mailbox to it's  self.  The reason is,
if someone ever entered that mailbox and then hung  up, that mailbox would
repeat forever and the system would never hang up.   So everything on my system
eventually leads to box 9999999, which is my hang  up.

If everyone would please press "*" before hanging up,  it helps to reset the
system for the next caller.  If not, the system has  to run through everything
until it gets to a box that hangs up.  Any box  can have a hang up, so if you
are willing to have a box hang up after a message,  let me know.

Also, the system can be set up to call you if someone  leaves a message in
your box.

During the day I have 2 computers answering 4 incoming  numbers.  At night
one computer handles all 4 numbers.  The reason is,  one of my computers is also
online, and I don't like the idea of staying online  all night long.  So that
computer gets shut down every  night.

The reason I say that is because the two computers  don't update each other,
I have to do it by hand.  So if you are setting up  a mailbox and for some
reason you need to call back, your call might not go to  the same computer.
Right now it will because the call volume is low.   But as more people start
calling, you might not always get the same  computer.  So if you can update at
night, it will help.  Then leave me  a message in box 11 saying you did an update
so I can update both  systems.

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 5/4/2007 10:19:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,