[DECtalk] DECtalk Archive

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sun Jun 3 08:18:58 EDT 2007

Hi,

As stated many times before, I will host the archive.  After giving
it some thought, I really do want to host it.  I can't guarantee 100%
uptime either but I can guarantee at least 95% uptime.  The server
goes out but relatively infrequently.  I can currently offer http
only with bandwidth restrictions but I can offer more or less
permanent uptime.  Also, the rules about adult material are not mine
but Cox Communications, a cable company.  I don't mind most adult
material depending on circumstances but Cox forbids it and they send
letters if you're caught.  I know of someone who got a letter and
they're innocent.  Obviously the rule on no copyrighted material
stands because I don't want to get sued.  My server is in the US and
disk space isn't a problem.  Matthew's server is in the UK and was
down most of the time when I tried.  Perhaps he can host the adult
and European copyright material while I host the rest.  Anyway, sorry
for my very long delay in answering the email but this is something I
would like to do.  I could offer ftp upload ability, just not
downloads for now.