[DECtalk] making a better way to put in notes

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Fri Feb 16 17:44:06 EST 2007

That's the $64000.00 question.  I have a Dectalk  4.0 Speak Window that I
down loaded from the internet years ago.  To my  ears, it sounds as close to the
Dennis Klatt hardware version as you can  get.  When Fonix bought Dectalk,
they never god the files that date back as  far as mine does.  Somehow, the
earliest software version that Fonix has  was already changed, but no one knows by
who or why.  So, at best you end  up with a less than desirable quality
version of Dectalk.

Dennis use to give out the source code for Dectalk, it  was never meant to be
private.  I've talked with Corine about this a few  times.  From what I
understand, she believes that someone knows how or has  a decompiled version of the
4.40 Dectalk Speak Window.  If we ever track it  down, we want to create and
release a version of that  quality.

So every so often I go fishing in hopes of finding  someone who can decompile
it.  I have 2 friends that could crack it, but  they won't out of fear of
being in big trouble.  They both fail to  understand that they would be helping
in a big way.

So I think our only hope is finding a person that both  knew Dennis and has
those files.  So every so often I ask to see if I might  get lucky on behalf of
Fonix.

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 2/16/2007 5:18:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,