[DECtalk] a new DECtalk FTP Site

Matthew Horspool drjaws at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Mar 18 15:09:06 EST 2006

Hello All,

Now that I've finally managed to get a working DNS... hopefully, I've
decided to make my DECtalk folder available to the general public via
FTP.

The DECtalk folder contains everything that is on the DECtalk archive,
but it is not an exact copy of the archive.  You might find things that
are not on the archive in here, including things that have been deleted.

The FTP server is very unreliable.  It should be up for six solid hours
on weekdays, usually between 16:00 and 21:00 UK Time, and for most of
the UK day on weekends and UK holidays.  It is recommended, therefore,
that you obtain an FTP client which supports the resuming of file
transfers, such as the inexpensive FlashFXP.

I'm not sure what sort of download speeds you're going to get, but
please bare in mind that this server is operating under a local network
of 4MBPS down, so you may not get particularly high transfer rates when
downloading.

As the site administrator, I, Matthew Horspool, reserve the right to
remove this site at any time, and I might just use it, so be wary of
that.  Furthermore, I'd appreciate if you'd not complain about download
speeds, organisation or anything like that.  Constructive criticism is
fine, but no excessive complaining please.  And please, please, please
take comments off the list!
You mean you actually sat and listened to that boredom?
Congratulations!  Now onto the fun part: connect to
thehorspools.bounceme.net
and logon anonymously.  Once there, change directory to destalk and
you're off and going.

Happy downloading!

Matthew