[DECtalk] I SHOULD GIVE UP

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Sun Mar 12 23:31:06 EST 2006

Ok, quick question because my last minute hope failed and I'm not  used to
giving up.  My speak.exe is renamed to start.exe incase anyone  wants to fiddle
with this.

The list I don't think will let me include an attached  file, so I'm going to
get clever.

W A R N I N G !   If you have never did  anything with the registry, do not
do what I'm about to tell you.  I did  it, but only because I'm crazy, plus I
can restore my settings if I have  to.

Cut and past the following into notepad or something  and save it as a bat
file.  Then run it.  It should make all .en files  open with Dectalk.  It
should, but it doesn't.  Can someone look at it  and see if you can make it work?
We are calling it quits and we're just  going to have everyone manually set it.
 But man I still want to get  this.

reg add  HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.EN
/f
reg  add
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.EN\OpenWithList  /f
reg add
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.EN\OpenWithList  /v a /d "C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\My
Documents\aqbcd\EN_Files\start.exe"  /f
reg add
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.EN\OpenWithList  /v MRUList /d a /f
reg add  HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.E
N\OpenWithProgids  /f
reg add
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.EN\OpenWithProgids  /v ft000002 /t REG_NONE /f
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.EN /f
reg add  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.EN /ve /d ft000002  /f