[DECtalk] (DECTALK) MAKING PROGRESS

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 19:34:20 EST 2006

I am posting this to two lists at the same time.   After 2 days of problems
we finally have 2 .bat installs working.  We have  a ways to go, but this is
good, it's very good.  This stuff is not at all  easy!

A friend is helping me with the registry issue.   He's going at it through
Registry.exe.  The bad side of it is, anyone that  is still running windows 98
will have problems. 5 seconds after I heard that I  replied "I don't care."
The registry changes will work on Windows 2000 on  up.  So if people still have
Windows 98 or less I guess I'm plugging Bill  Gates upgrades.

It will feel so good to get this done and  released.  I don't want to count
my chickens before they hatch, but things  are starting to look good.

I want to thank everyone on both lists for your  help.  Writing software is a
big head ache.  Of course tomorrow  everything could decide to crash and I'll
be back to screaming at our  computers.  But things are looking hopeful.  I
just hope my luck holds  out.  Anyone that thinks programming is a skill has
never went to run a  program only to have it fail.  There is a reason why they
use the term  "Boot the computer."  After a while you want to boot it, as in
kick it to  pieves.

SNOOPI