[DECtalk] non-dectalk question

Missy Hoppe melissah at fuse.net
Mon Mar 6 05:49:39 EST 2006

Good morning, group. I realize that this question is slightly off topic,
but I figured that if there is an answer out there, one of you might know
it.
I'm using JFW, and while I've grown used to Eloquence speech, my all time
favorite has always been keynote. I purchased the Keynote Gold multimedia
speech software when it first became available, and it used to work great.
Then, when I got my new computer, I was no longer able to use it: something
about the system running too fast to allow the authorization scheme to work
properly. When I first got this computer, I tried contacting Humanware
about the problem and the only thing they suggested was some sort of dos
program that was supposed to temporarily slow down the system to allow the
authorization to install itself. Unfortunately, it didn't work, so I just
set Eloquence as my default speech and went on with life.
For now, I'm still running Windows 98, and JFW still supports Keynote
Multimedia, so is there any workaround that any of you might know of that
will allow me to install and use Keynote Gold multimedia speech again? They
haven't sold it for years, so a part of me is wondering why it isn't
available as freeware at this point. I have paid for it though, and even
had the newest version: version 1.15 or whatever it was. If not, as I said,
I'm used to the eloquence speech, but even though it's been over 3 years, I
still occasionally find myself missing the Keynote. Any thoughts you may
have would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much for your time, and I hope everyone is having a great
day!
Missy