[DECtalk] Vocal Writer

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Sun Mar 5 16:08:39 EST 2006

Oh really?  Maybe this will change your  tune.

Sandi Patty, Donny and Maurie Ozmond, Tim Mchraw,  Cher, and Leanne Rhymes
all have heard their own songs coming out of Dectalk,  even Joni Erickson.  Plus
I personally sang in a Sandi Patty concert.   Not one of these people has had
an issue with their songs being converted and  shared among the disabled.
Sandi thought I was nuts for making a computer  voice sing like her, but didn't
have a problem with what I was doing.  Come  to think of it a 9 year old sang
the Anthem for President Bush at the White  House with no problem.  Donny and
Maurie ended up buying a device for a  hospital after it sang Paper Roses as
part of the dedication.  Joni  Erickson was excited when I personally met and
told her I had some of her stuff  in Dectalk.  Shoot, there's a guy in
Nashville who sings for every big star  he meets.

The point is, if there was a legal issue, don't you  think one of these big
stars would have said something?  Not one ever  has!  They all understand that
this is how the disabled community sings and  that Dectalk is not a recording
of any kind.

I have 2 CD's out and I paid royalties because that is  recorded stuff.

But look at karaoke and how big that is.  Karaoke  is done publicly and no
one pays royalties.  Well, some of my songs are  karaoke compatible so the
disabled can sing karaoke just like any other  person.  I'm sorry but this is not
an copy right issue, it's simply equal  access.

I think the problem with bluegrasspals is you all view  Dectalk as a fun toy.
 But for people who can't talk, this is their  voice.  There is a Minsing
quire, a group of adults that all sing in  harmoney with Dectalk.  Lots of people
go Christmas Caroling using  Dectalk.  Kids who can't talk are able to take
part in music class because  of Dectalk.

You guys are making me mad because by suggesting that  we are all breaking
the law by programming Dectalk to sing, is like saying you  want to vanish
singing from the entire disabled community.  So you may as  well put the [:phone
off] command right into the speak button so no one can ever  sing ever sing
again?

Make your mark in the world by taking away people's  only way of singing.
(SICK)

SNOOPI

In a message dated 3/5/2006 12:56:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,