[DECtalk] Vocal Writer

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Sat Mar 4 13:40:19 EST 2006

I have an argument on that.  First of all, anyone  can sing in the shower
without paying royalties.  Well, people who can't  talk have Dectalk in their
communication device, so what if they wanted to sing  in the shower?

Now, when I buy sheet music I'm converting it into an  alternative format
which is legal.  Alternative formats for the disabled  are exampt from paying
royalties which is why the library for the blind can put  books and newspapers on
tape, CD, oe the talking book  radio.

A Dectalk file can not be converted back into sheet  music, therefore I'm not
copying anything.

Now, to record an album, yes, you do need to pay  royalties.  But to just
sing a Scout song, camp song, sing Happy Birthday  to a friend, or whatever, I
will fight to the death before I pay  royalties.

If a 5 year old starts singing "THE WHEELS ON THE BUS"  no one has to pay
royalties.  So setting up a communication device so a  disabled 5 year old can
sing the same song is simply equal access.  Dectalk  is nothing more than an
external voice for many people.  It's no different  than walking with a
wheelchair, seeing with a seeing eye dog, or anything  else.

SNOOPI

In a message dated 3/4/2006 9:57:19 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,