[DECtalk] SETTING REGiSTRY SETTINGS

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Mar 4 03:12:07 EST 2006

Hi,

You're being unreasonable here.  I just got your email, there is no
way I could have heard it until now.  Not everyone drops what they're
doing because you post something here.  Why not give it a couple days
next time?  Let people listen for themselves and comment.  Thanks for
sharing it with the list, I'm looking forward to listening to it.  I
saved it for processing later.

The registry thing depends on two major things.  First, it depends on
your installer.  You need one which supports this.  I have a freeware
one which allows commercial distribution.  It will do what you want
but I don't know how.  You'll have to write a script and read the
docs.  Second, the OS.  Windows 98 and XP have totally different
registry formats and implementations.  I tried to do a similar thing
with opening files and XP was more complicated.  I suggest getting a
good install program which does that for you.  I think this is the
url but I might be wrong.  If it doesn't work, write off list.

http://www.enno-setup.org/