[DECtalk] SETTING REGiSTRY SETTINGS

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Fri Mar 3 22:16:16 EST 2006

Thanks!  However that link is not working, is  there something wrong?

By the way, you have nothing to worry about.  I know  little about
programming.  When things slow down my boyfriend Dave is going  to teach me HTML.  He
just learned it a year ago after my first software  release crashed,  For a full
year we've been working night and day to get  this all working.  It's been
hard on me because I just moved to this area  last year and haven't had any time
to meet anyone.  I'm lonely for friends  but have the entire disabled
community nation wide waiting on this  project.  I can't wait to be done with this!

It's too late to deal with registries this time around.   We did a video that
tells people how to set the *.en by hand.  But man it's  bugging me to do it
that way.  So I'll download the program because I want  to do it anyway for my
own use.  But if we can do an easy upgrade, I want  to use it.

That's why I seem so stupid, I know BASIC DOS programming  which does me no
good in this day and age.  That's why I can't even do a  simple search and
replace, I don't know how.  I'm totally self  taught.  3 days ago I opened up
notepad and wrote "Rename *.txt *.en" and  saved it as a bat file.  The darn thing
actually worked.  I know  that's really sick that I just figured that out,
but Windows has me lost.   I miss having a command prompt where you can directly
type instructions.   But now everything has to be in a bat file first.

HTML seems easy.  Dave told me some font codes and I  thought it was simple.
So I'm hoping it will all be easy for me.  I'm  not new to programming at
all, I just never had anyone show me Windows.  So  I couldn't modify anything
even if I wanted to because I don't know how.   All I can do well is audio files.
 I have a program that will turn any  music file into a karaoke track.  Then
I can save it, convert it, add the  Dectalk vocals, add sound effects, and
everything.  Haven't figured out how  to put stuff in stereo, but I'm trying.

I seem smart, but God there's so much I don't know.  You  bet I'll gibe you
the credit, but I have a dumb question.  Dave and I call  you ratguy.  Maybe I
missed it but I don't know your name.

SNOOPI

In a message dated 3/3/2006 6:06:41 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,