[DECtalk] new to the list

GUI Access guiaccess at covad.net
Fri Mar 3 10:01:57 EST 2006

>Hi.  OK, here's a challenge for someone out there.  It's possible to
>get the unit to play tones.  I'm not sure about Access32 though.  So
>why not have it play and sing at the same time?  If someone has
>already done that, I haven't heard it.  I obviously haven't heard
>every file on the archive though.  I've heard it do harmony and I've
>mixed it with MIDI but never heard it play and sing.  Oh well, just a thought.

DECtalk cannot play and sing at the same time.  Tone and dial
commands are sent down the same pipe as text to be spoken and
processed synchronously.  So they can't happen at the same time.

Of course, this doesn't stop you from recording two different
files--one with tones and one with singing--and overlaying them; it
just can't happen all at once.

GUI Access