[DECtalk] dectalk external working with jaws some what

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 2 23:40:09 EST 2006

Hi,
Sure, go ahead and send me a sample that way I can see if I can provide more
info.
It sounds to me like a communication setting isn't matched up properly.  If
what you're hearing is mostly the letters F and X it could be a baud rate
problem.  If you're hearing some full words or some parts of words it could
be a data bits problem.  The main problem is, I have no idea how to set the
communication parameters on the DECtalk external units.  On the Express, as
far as I know, the settings are permanently set to 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1
stop bit and no parity, so that's probably what JFW is trying to use if you
told it the unit was an Express.
Jayson.