[DECtalk] dectalk external question

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 2 03:20:47 EST 2006

Hi,
Ok maybe I was wrong.  But if I recall correctly the DECtalk Express drivers
won't load unless they can find a DECtalk Express on the specified com port.
That implies some method of probing a serial port for a DECtalk Express
which the older monsters most likely wouldn't support.  Do you have one of
the old units and know that the Express drivers will definitely work with
it?
Jayson.