[DECtalk] THE QUESTION MARK

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Mon Feb 27 00:12:05 EST 2006

    1.  Have you eaten yet?
    2.  How many of your brothers still live at  home?
    3.  How many years of school did it take to become a  nurse?
    4.  Where can I get my suit cleaned?
Part of my work promted me to ask you all  a Dectalk question.  My Colleague
wanted to know how my Dectalk handled the  above questions.  For the most part
the inflections went up in the middle  of these questions rather than the
end.  I have two questions for the  group.

1.  How does Dectalk Express handle these  questions?

2.  In the manual it says something about the  "^" changing how things are
emphosized.  I think it's the ^ anyway.   How do you use it and would it change
how questions come  out?

I think there are other symbos that change how  things are said, Does anyone
know what they are?  I used this stuff twice  in my life but I forget what
they are.  I just remember not being impressed  enough to use them.  But now I'm
trying to remember what they were and what  they did.

SNOOPI