[DECtalk] new to the list

Nick G Nick at HKCRadio.com
Sun Feb 26 19:43:36 EST 2006

Snoopy...
For cryin' out loud, just release DECtalk 4.40 in a moddern program form and I think You'll be fine for a long, long timee, no offence.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dectalk at aol.com
  To: dectalk at bluegrasspals.com
  Cc: corine.bickley at gallaudet.edu
  Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 5:01 PM
  Subject: Re: [DECtalk] new to the list

  Hi Missy!  I'm Snoopi and welcom to the list.  Oh it's so strange that you want to try to program songs.  I'm releasing software hopefully on March 26 that teaches how to program songs.  It also teaches how to read music.  It comes with Dectalk, video illistrations, over 1000 pre-programmed files, and much more.  I'm not trying to advertise, I'm just excited.  The project has been a year behind due to bugs and I'm now on the home stretch of getting it done and ready for orders.

  Anyway, welcome.  I um, have been on this list since 2004 but I forgot I was on here until a week ago.  Then I discovered I wasn't getting the list.  So I kind of feel new myself even though I'm not.

  I work for both Fonix and Gallaudet University, so I have Dectalk software coming out my ears!  I'm the Engineering Consultant, so I evaluate all new changes in the software and I get to say what and how things should sound.  It's a really fun job!  I've been working with Dectalk since 1989.

  You ask a good question.  People ask me if I use midi to program Dectalk and I have no idea how that woukd be done myself.  So I was about to ask a question kind of like yours, so I'm interested in the answers.

  I hope you enjoy this list.  I'm going to try and get people from Gallaudet and Fonix to join this list because we actually have projects that we could use feedback on.

  My Colleague Corine just signed onto a list called Acolug.  I'm on it but hate it to death, so I'm hoping she'll join this list.

  Anyway, I guess we're the Dectalk geeks, so welcome.

  SNOOPI