[DECtalk] strange things with DecTalk USB

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Dec 4 07:21:37 EST 2006

Hi.  I don't know for sure, but I would guess that yes, something has
changed.  I had similar problems with the 4.61 upgrade to my DEC
Express, especially with UK English.  When I downgraded to 4.42CD,
all was well.  I didn't have the problem with the demos though but I
don't think I used the 4.6X demo much.  Also, Access Solutions makes
the USB unit so it's possible that it has a difference in firmware or
something.  It should be the same chipset though.  What happens if
you use the serial port instead?  That shouldn't matter but maybe USB
is the problem.  Finally, how do you play files via the USB anyway
since you can't copy a file directly to a USB port?