[DECtalk] THE ALL NEW YOUR SINGING WITH DECTALK

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Fri Aug 18 11:53:12 EDT 2006

Hi guys!  I've been trying to hold off on this  announcement because I have
been waiting on 3 very short MP3 files that I wanted  to add in before
releasing this to the blind community.  The MP3  files were nothing more than some
very short recordings from the original  Dectalk team.  These recordings are
still coming and I'm thinking I can  e-mail an update to those who would like the
Mp3s.  All it mostly will be  is people saying their own names.

Bottom line, I might be moving and I need the extra  cash.  So I've decided
to make the following announcement for that  reason.

I have posted on here before  about my up coming  software, and it has been
out for 3 months now, but as I've said, I was waiting  on MP3 files before
announcing it on this list.

My software comes with the Dectalk 4.40 Speak Window  which automatically
installs onto the computer.  I did my very best to give  as much auditory
prompting and instructions as I could.  I did this because  I felt my software would
be most wanted by the blind community.  BUT, I  need to say that this was my
very first time writing software.  I used  large fonts, big icons, and did my
best on making most of it auditory.  Not  all of it is auditory because I ran
into compatibility issues.  But for my  very first attempt, I think I did a
darn good job.

My software teaches people step by step on how to  program their own songs.
You will learn how to read music, phonetic  spelling, time values, pitches,
different tempos, and so on.  I broke  everything up into 12 lessons that you
study at your own pace.  Each step  gets you ready for the next step.  By the
time you get to the 12th step you  will be able to program any song very easily!
 I've been programming  Dectalk to sing since 1989, so I threw out the
Dectalk instructions and totally  did each lesson my way.  I go in order, I explain
every detail, and I used  repartition.  So trust me, even if you already know
how to program songs,  this will help you get better.

I also teach you how to create your own voices.   I personally created 16
additional voices.  I go over each parameter and  the range, I give samples of
what they do, and I help you try creating voices as  you learn.  So you end up
with 26 voices, plus you will know how to create  your own voices.

You also get about 1050 songs with the software.   And I do need to apologize
here because I couldn't make the actual selection  list audible.  So for
those who are blind, I'm hoping your screen reader  will help you select songs.  I
did the best I could.  I have a audible  jukebox icon you click on, then I
have audible category icons you click on to  get to the desired song category.
But from that point, I couldn't get the  song options to be audible.  So for
those who are blind, you will have to  just click and see what starts up.

I do have an audible category list that will just read  off every song on the
CD, but you can't click on a song title from there and  have it sing.  Also,
the titles are pronounced as they are.  I have  the lists opening in a Speak
window, and I never did figure out how to modify  the dictionary.  So some of
the titles are hard to understand.  That  won't ever be corrected.  I add new
songs all the time, and it would take  up too much time to get every title to
sound right.  And if I record it, it  takes up too much memory.  So the titles
just get spoken how ever Dectalk  chooses.

I also have links to get other software that help add  in music behind the
Dectalk vocals.  I recommend Acoustica.  I  need to say that my demos on
Bluegrasspals only sound bad because of me.   Some people blame Acoustica, but it's
actually me.  I can't figure out how  to get everything into stereo.  I have
the same problem in Acid Pro.   So don't blame Acoustica, blame me.

My software also has a request option.  I program  songs for disabled people
all over the world and each song gets added to the  song list.  I do ask for
payment for a request, but you get a life time of  free updates.  So anytime
you want more songs, you can just e-mail me for  the latest song updates.    So
if you request an update every 6  months, you will get all the new songs that
I have added plus any fixes to old  song files.

This CD is loaded with stuff so it's hard to list  everything on It.  But if
you like Dectalk, you will love this.  And  most of the audio is an MP3, so if
you get really sick of all the audio prompts,  I can tell you how to delete
them.

I don't think Jason wants me putting prices on this  list.  So, please check
out _www.dectalksings.com_ (http://www.dectalksings.com)  if you are
interested.  E-mail me with any questions.

SNOOPI BOTTEN