[DECtalk] A very interesting program

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 17 17:21:10 EDT 2006

Hello everybody!
I found this in Top Tech Tidbits on Thursday.  Read carefully!

11)  Speaking of software speech, there's an interesting web site for
a program, presently available free, called Model Talker that claims
to let you use your own voice.  Nobody has reported how well it really
works:
http://www.asel.udel.edu/speech/ModelTalker.html

Folks, I downloaded it and have been playing with it all day!  It really
does work!  Mouse movement and clicking is required for almost all
functions, but even Invtool, the program for creating your own voice, is
pretty much accessible.  If people would like a few sound samples of my own
voice, which is getting better as I complete more of the things it wants me
to speak, let me know and I can put them up on the website.  If you are
interested in such things, give this a look!
Jayson.