[DECtalk] (DECTALK) SAMPLES OF MY JAM CD

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 13:48:44 EDT 2006

I'm trying hard not to openly promote sales because that's not what  this
list is for.  But since this is related to Dectalk, and since people  are asking,
I'll do a one time speal.

Jam was recorded in Minneapolis Minnesota with 4 friends; Lori,  Aaron, Judy,
and Debbie.  I named it "Jam" because I wanted it to have a  feel of a jam
session.  Even though I didn't write any of the songs, I did  most of the
arrangements, meaning I set the tempo, chose who sang what part,  chose some of the
instruments in each song, and so on.

My biggest input on the Jam CD was "Oh God".  I took a 3  minute song and
stretched it out to 8 minutes which at the time everyone thought  I lost my mind.
 But I talked them into it, but just barely.  We were  on a deadline and I
almost didn't get permission to use it in time.  With  48 hours left Lori said
that if I got permission, they'd record it the way I  arranged it.

Finally we got the needed e-mail and fax so we could use it.   Now here's the
really strange thing.  The recording of "Oh God" was set up  for September
12.  We had no idea what was about to happen on September  11th.  So all anyone
could really think or say on September 12th was "Oh  God".  I was beyond
shocked when they went ahead and recorded it on that  date.  The recording totally
captured the emotions that I think was felt  throughout the United States.  So
I ended up dedicating that song to  September 11th.  And to everyone's shock
it became everyone's favorite song  on that CD.

'words of love' is not yet on the Archives but soon will be.   Words Of Love
was my first album.  I didn't want to deal with royalties or  copy rights, so
I wrote all my own music.  I'm the type of person that  can't just randomly do
stuff, I love putting deep thought into everything just  because that's the
way I am.

I wanted my music to be special, so I thought long and hard, very  hard!  I
kept thinking about emotional pain that people go through.   People lose jobs,
have friends and family die, and so on.  No one has any  idea what to say
other than "I'm sorry".  So I decided that my entire album  would be on healing
from pain.  And so the title "Words Of Love" was born,  because that's what
people need to hear.

So then I thought, ok, lets make this a progression CD.  So,  each song
prepares you for the next song.  So it's a meditation CD, but it  deals with
different things that we feel, yet it stays simple.  When people  are hurting, they
don't want to have to think very much.  So I kept each  song simple,
comforting, and the other thing I did was I stayed away from the  word "Will".  Who
cares what God will do when you need Him now.  So I  was very careful with how I
wrote everything.  Plus I was writing in my  favorite style of music, so it
was really fun to create.

I wanted to add that uniqueness about it because I had one  problem.  I knew
"WORDS OF LOVE" would automatically become a big deal  because it was the
first CD totally done with Dectalk.  I hated that  thought because it kind of made
everything else less important.  So I  really worked extra hard on the music
because after people got over the big deal  about Dectalk, I wanted the music
to be meaningful.

Words of love has 10 songs on it plus 3 bonus tracks.  I love  going the
extra mile because it's fun.  Track 11 my music partner had a fit  over.  It's
kind of a commercial for communication devices.  I did  that because if someone
has a disabled child, they need all the advice they can  get.  So I put in a
commercial type thing.  Track 12 is a word from  me, and I ended the track with
John 3:16 which I made into a song and I sang a  line with my own voice.
Track 13 is not listed anywhere because I wanted  that total shock of having more.
 It's a 20 minute sermon that I wrote for  a Pastor called "What is a
handicap".  I had to sneak it into the final  master because my music partner was
dead against ending a music album with a  sermon.  But it was important to me
because being the CD was so different,  I thought it would be the perfect time to
educate people on disabilities.   Plus it was my CD, so I tagged on track 13.
 The funny thing is, when it  was all said and done, everyone finally
understood the bonus tracks and was glad  I added them in.  Without the bonus tracks
you just have no idea why  Dectalk is doing the singing.

I know I do crazy stuff, but I want to be original.  I dread  the day if I
ever get signed up with a record company.  Yes it's my dream  and I think I'm
ready for it.  But from what I hear you don't get to pick  the songs, album
covers, or anything.  I wish you could because I feel I  have a nack for it.
Everything has to flow together and needs to be  package right, plus it should be
original yet fit the current trend.  So I  love the entire writing, recording,
and designing process.  I just hate the  promoting part of it because I'm bad
at it!

Anyway, the ordering URL for my stuff is _www.dectalksings.com_
(http://www.dectalksings.com)  and it has paypal  and everything right on that site.  And
if anyone does order, please e-mail  me and tell me.  We keep skipping over the
paypal notices because we  mistake them as junk mail.  We're doing it
different now, but until we know  our new way works it would be helpful to give me a
heads up.  I'm new to  paypal and so far it's been a head ache.  We had orders
sit for 30 days  because we don't see the notification come in.  I get at
least 70 emails a  day, so it's easy to miss.

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 4/8/2006 8:23:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,