[DECtalk] (DECTALK0 SOMETHING OF AN ADULT NATURE

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 7 22:51:26 EDT 2006

Hi,
I am sorry to have to do this, but just from the name of the file I don't
think this is something which Planetmirror would approve of.  I have not
listened to it.  However, I have moved this file to a "Hold" directory until
we decide what to do with this and similar files.  It will not be moved to
the archive tomorrow.
Maybe what needs to happen is that a secondary archive, not mirrored by
Planetmirror or any public mirroring company, needs to be created for those
files which are unsutable for such a mirroring service.  Legally, most if
not all of Snoopi's files probably fall under this heading, since these are
clearly based on definitely copyrighted works.  But I don't want to get that
thread started again.  If any of you wish to listen to this file and give
your thoughts on what should be done with it, I'll put it up somewhere
privately.  Personally, I'm not into this type of material so would probably
be way too sensative about whether it was allowable material.  Once again
I'm very sorry for having to do this, but people who run "anything goes"
archives with no rules are just asking to have their archives, and certainly
mirrors of them, shut down.  Thank you for your understanding.
Jayson.