[DECtalk] A text to speech speedbump filter

Lowell Prange lowell at schat.com
Sun Oct 30 23:42:38 EST 2005

I was thinking of developing this unless you know of an existing piece of
software that helps this problem.  Many times I use text to speech on
documents that have areas that are not really meant to be listened to.  A
book with profuse footnotes.  Punctuation used profusely as art.  Computer
code.  I thought it may be cool to make a program that pre-processes the
text.  E.g. Any time a line has a lot of numbers mixed in with the
alphabet, it is unlikely that I would want to listen to it.

more examples
that I would like a program auto kill

____-__--_---__--______--____---___
----  some people express themselves annoying ways like this  ---   --
__---__--__---____________--------------__________________--

computer code

19 button.setText(getParameter("ButtonText"));
20 button.addMouseListener(new MouseAdapter() {
21 public void mousePressed(MouseEvent e)
22 {
23 showStatus(getParameter("ButtonDownMsg"));

Diagrams

Page
0     12     3

0	1	1	1