[DECtalk] A few questions

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sun Oct 2 01:57:41 EDT 2005

Hi.  I am not familiar with that speech system.  I've heard of it but have
never heard it talk.  Could you post an mp3 file of it?  I know that you
can't release the demo, but can you at least make sound files so we can
hear it?  Also is there a demo of 5.0?  I think Access Solutions posted
something on their site but what about a third party reviewer?

At 08:45 PM 10/1/2005 -0700, you wrote:

>What is strange is the 4.6.3 classic voices kind of remind me of the old
>Speech Plus 2000 text-to-speech.  Many will know this TTS better as it was
>the TTS used in TeleSensory's VERT Plus.

Now over 17,000 free ebooks available from Project Gutenberg, the oldest
producer of public domain literature online.

http://gutenberg.org/