[DECtalk] fonix and dectalk

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sat May 7 02:14:16 EDT 2005

Hi all, I am a user of dectalk express 4.2c the classic voices I like the
best and if we really want to see dectalk make a real come back as has
started a little with mobilespeak I think we should contact scansoft or
another major company and see if they can't buy dectalk from fonix and help
out more on it.  Fonix is greate but I think they don't really want to know
what we want in dectalk just how they make money on it if that.  Gwmicro
could also be another good company to contact as well as nextup.  Someone
from Fonix told me they are working on more user runtime versions of dectalk
with classic voices but so far I have not found anything more than what they
allready have.  4.6.3 demos really need to be posted, I have written them
but it is going to take some phone calls and postal mailings to really get
dectalk back up also email.  I have done some of this but it will take more
than one person to get this done.  bye
My web page is at http://www.nickgawronski.com