[DECtalk] the impossible dream

Sean Randall sean-r at runbox.com
Fri Mar 18 10:14:42 EST 2005

Hi all,

bored out of my whit's in a health and social care class this afternoon I
decided to get down and do something enjoyable.  Strangely enough my
cursor landed on DECtalk and I was looking for a song for it to do.
It was then I got a phonecall from a friend who'd just finished reading
some Harry Potter fanfiction: namely harry potter and the psychic serpent.

For those of you who have read this series of books, you will note there
are several songs sung within including Suo o gan (which is Welsh), and
the one I decided to convert today: the impossible dream - (which is, for
those who don't know, from Man of La Mancha).
I had never heard the song and so cannot say whether or not the DECtalk
version does it justice - and having not heard it in the first place,
making it was interesting.
It's not harmonically done because you cannot really do that sort of thing
in a school environment without being noticed.
Anyway, here it is - below my signature.  it'll be in  the archive as
well, called /=text/impdream.dec.

I assume some of you will find inconsistencies with the original - I'd
like to hear of them and will probably try and get my hands on a copy of
the real song at some point.

Ciao,
Sean R.

One man's constant is another man's variable. - Perlis

..song starts here
[:phone on]

[:nh]
the impossible dream.