[DECtalk] Posted on behalf of Snoopy botten: YOU'RE SINGING WITH DECTALK

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Mar 15 21:43:47 EST 2005

Hi.  The CD sounds interesting.  However, I immediately see two
problems.  First, it's too expensive.  I don't have $60 to spend on
something like that and I doubt that most others do either.  Second, you
can download most of the same songs online from the DEC-Talk archive.  You
can get the stories from Project Gutenberg and easily program your own
voice changes and sounds if you want.  Fortunately fairy tales like those
mentioned are available in public domain, plain text form.  The only real
advantage I see to the CD is the Bible clips and verses, but not for
$80.  Again, you can get the KJV or a couple other versions in the public
domain from PG and do it yourself.  The audio CD sounds interesting on how
to program it to sing but that's in the phoneme manual or you can disect
the already existing songs.  Even better, ask people on this list to
help.  So, good luck with the CD package, but I don't think it will sell
very well.