[DECtalk] dectalk sapi interface

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 9 21:56:00 EST 2005

Hello,
I haven't figured out Hyper Terminal yet, but in the meantime I have written
a small program you can use to get version info.  It assumes the unit is on
COM1.  If this is not the case, let me know and I will compile it with a
different setting.  Download it from the following url.
http://jaybird.no-ip.info/verspeak.exe
Now, with your screen reader either unloaded or using another synthesizer,
run the program.  It will open up COM1 and send the [:version speak] string
to it.  The DECtalk Express will speak its version number after a few
seconds.  You will need to press a key to exit the program.  If it doesn't
work the first time, try again.

Hope this helps!
Jayson.