[DECtalk] Ok, I'm confused now.

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 6 12:12:38 EST 2005

I just listened to the DECtalk USB demo.  While it's okay, I don't think it
really sounds like the old Digital DECtalk we all know and love.  Which is
rather confusing because I was a Freedom Box subscriber for a while.  At
first they were using probably DECtalk 4.61 which really sucked.  Then they
switched to something which I thought was version 5.  It sounded a whole lot
like the old Digital DECtalk.  There were a few little querks, but it was
pretty much back to the old way it was before FORCE got hold of it and
messed it up.  Any thoughts?
Jayson.