[DECtalk] no-ip question and fonix dectalk eurge

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 16 17:06:00 EDT 2005

Hi,
No-Ip provides Dynamic DNS services, like DNS2go.  For Linux there's a No-Ip
client which runs as a daemon.  Every so often, it checks to see if your IP
has changed and if so, it reports this to No-ip.  The updates, as far as I
can tell, are pretty much instantly effective, even with registered domains
such as somedomain.com as opposed to, say, somedomain.no-ip.info.
You can register a domain right there, or probably transfer one you already
have.  It makes a good way to have a professional sounding domain name
without investing in a static IP address.
Jayson.