[DECtalk] dectalk express firmware

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 14 16:30:43 EDT 2005

Hi,
If you upgrade, you can always downgrade.  As far as I know, Force didn't
change any of the hardware in their units, just the firmware.
I think if you go somewhere on the gwmicro ftp site you can find various
firmware versions.  I think these are all self-extracting, but then you have
to copy the resulting files to a floppy disk and install from that as the
old install programs expect to be run from a floppy.  Also, I have not
reflashed any units under XP so don't know how well or poorly that might
work.  I'd suggest doing it on a 9X box unless you're really brave.
Jayson.