[DECtalk] red dwarf files

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Sun Feb 27 22:03:21 EST 2005

Jayson Smith wrote:
> Hello,
> Actually, I just listened to season 3, ep 1, and I actually like the music
> used in earlier episodes better.  The music used to open up the show, after
> the commentary, in the latest episode sounds to me like a midi.  Although
> midis are fine, I just don't think it sounds as authentic as what I assume
> to be the real theme.  I live in the US and have never seen a real Red Dwarf
> episode but I'm assuming here that the music used previously is from the
> real show.
> Jayson.

That is correct.

The music used in seasons 1 and 2 are the opening starting with season 3
(I haven't see much beyond a couple of eps in season 4), in some cases
mixed in with bits of music from the first two seasons.

And in my case, I'm in the U.S. as well, and Red Dwarf showed on my PBS
affiliate when I lived in Sacramento.  They showed the first three seasons.

--Ian.