[DECtalk] DECTALK 4.0 OR EARLIER

Graham Pearce grahamwp at optusnet.com.au
Sat Feb 26 06:49:32 EST 2005

    Snoopy,
I don't know about versions of dectalk before 3.0, but I use dectalk 4.3,
which in my opinion sounds less breathy than dectalk 4.4, a little more like
the hardware version. It's available at:
http://onj.andrelouis.com/Dectalk/dectalk4.3.zip
  Dectalk 4.4 was available on the web at some stage, from a Canadian
division of some blindness technology company. The copy on that website did
not have the ability to convert text to wave files, and sounded quite
breathy.
  I don't know about loading a user dictionary into the dectalk window, but
I wonder if any pronunciation entries could somehow be added to dectalk.dic?

  Regards,
  Graham Pearce

  Web site: http://pianoman.port5.com
  Email: grahamwp at optusnet.com.au