[DECtalk] Important! Major anouncement!

nick G Nick6489 at andrelouis.com
Tue Feb 22 10:49:47 EST 2005

Hello to the list at large.

            Recently, Andre contacted me and made a decision.  The DecTalk archive stays.  However, the following provisions will be made with immediate effect.  1. I, Nick G, am now the general manager of the Dectalk archive, hosted at http://andrelouis.com/dectalk and take full responsibility for moving uploads in a timely fashion, If.and only if.a message is sent to dectalk at andrelouis.com first.  No message.no move.  2. The dectalk list is now officially moved to dectalk at jaybird.no-ip.info.  I'd like to ask Jayson Smith to come forward to tell us the web address to sub-scribe to said list.  Those who are seeing this on said list.of coarse.will not need to send to that list.  3. The address to upload is now changed to ftp://onj.andrelouis.com, with the new username being decupload at andrelouis.com and the password being decupload.  If something is uploaded, no one.except me and Andre.is able to download from it.  In short, it is invisible to you.  You can't see it, you can't download it.  More ways to upload will be coming.

            A few informal comments are as follows.  I've got to say that this server is being paid for with  Andre's own money.  Basically use it, do not abuse it.  You know, if Red Dwarf was still going on the old schedule, there'd be a new episode on the archive this Friday.  Shame that.

Thanks,

Nick