[DECtalk] Some adult files removed from the archive

Matthew Horspool drjaws at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 10:47:15 EST 2005

Hi Jayson,

I don't think there should be any restriction of files that should be
hosted on the archive, unless legal reasons bind their hosting.  Maybe,
however, create two subrout directories, regular and adult, and leave it
up to people what they want.  You could even just make 1 "adult"
subroute directory, and put any files either in that subroute or in
subsub...route directories off that.

I sort of mirror the archive on the machine here - if there's any
addition or file renaming or movement, I grab them, but if there's a
removal I take no notice.  Consiquently, I've still got all the files
that were removed here, so if anyone wants them let me know.

It could be that the current machine gets replaced in the next few
years, so I'd have a redundant machine lying around that could serve,
and on a 4MBPS line that shouldn't cause many problems.  At that point
I'd probably make an FTP copy of the archive open for people to use,
including Red Dwarf (which should technically be removed from the
archive due to copyright).

Thanks for the talking dictionary hints - I'm updating now with more
songs.

Matthew