[DECtalk] New Red Dwarf MP3 files

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Apr 29 23:58:28 EDT 2005

Hi.  I am not a Red Dwarf fan, although I did listen to an episode
once.  Yes, I would be interested in how you did the mixing.  Do you use
Sound Forge or something else?  The biggest problem I have when mixing
music with speech, such as the Daisy music with your text file is
clipping.  I lower the volumes, but then either the music is too quiet or
there is still clipping in the source, i.e. the speech.  Any help in how to
mix correctly while still getting decent volume and no clipping would be
very, bery helpful.  The best I've found is that I lower volumes on both
source and destination a lot and raise the volume when it's done, but even
then I think sometimes the music is too loud and drowns out the
speech.  Yes, please give an overview if you don't mind.  I suggest posting
on list because it will get archived.
Tony Baechler
Maintainer, goldenaudio.net (TM) online archives
http://goldenaudio.net/