[DECtalk] DecTalk newbie

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 21 09:22:05 EDT 2005

Hi,
I did not mean to indicate that those old recording formats can't produce
near CD quality sound.  All I was saying is that back in the early 1980's,
there was probably no reason for a speech synthesis system to try to do the
same.  Thus, the low sample rate.
Also, the country music programs are mostly mastered on the computer,
although the first few editions were mastered on tape, using a very good
deck.
Jayson.